mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Re: request: please detect reads from stdin with unflushed
@ 2021-10-25 13:17 Lorenzo Beretta
From: Lorenzo Beretta @ 2021-10-25 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

> Suggestion: fix those broken programs!

I know, I know... the problem is that they work with glibc and they fail
silently with musl, and on top of that I've just discovered that at least
netbsd and openbsd do the same as glibc, ie a broken program like
#include <stdio.h>
int main(){
        printf("not flushed: ");
        char line[123];
        return fgets(line,sizeof line,stdin) ? 0 : 123;
}

happens to work!!!

What I'm asking is that musl (while technically correct!) helps
__detecting__ those programs, possibly as an option ("#ifdef
HUMOR_BROKEN_PROGRAMS")

PS
I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, sorry for not mentioning it the
first time