Actually, answering my own question - a quick back of the packet calculation suggests about 8,500 packages in OpenBSD, vs 65,000+ for Debian - although it does depend how you count. And there are a lot more 'unofficial' Debian repos and packages, too... There's no doubt that OpenBSD includes the most popular. On 13 February 2015 at 15:20, Raphael Cohn wrote: > Do they use a third party support lib? > > If it's possible to support use cases with a third party lib, then I'm > less concerned - provided that that lib also works with musl. Given the > nature of ucontext, that may not be so. A musl native solution would be > optimal for performance - and performance is a common reason for going down > this route. It allows for far greater scale in certain server designs then > either thread-per-connection or a thread-pool can do. > > Out of interest, how many packages are in the OpenBSD repository? How does > it compare to Debian's, say? For me, Debian's repo contents is a yardstick > of what Linux + Musl could be expected to work with. > > > On 13 February 2015 at 15:08, Anthony J. Bentley > wrote: > >> Raphael Cohn writes: >> > Is there any possibility of adding in the ucontext.h functions? I know >> > they're deprecated, but they're still widely used - particularly by go >> for >> > goroutines, IIRC. >> >> It's worth mentioning that OpenBSD doesn't have ucontext, so given the >> size of its package repository (which also contains Go), ucontext can't >> be *that* widely used. >> >> -- >> Anthony J. Bentley >> > >