Rich, I will make the change, but so I understand some more what would be the implications of not ignoring it in this scenario? I understand why it is bad in the case of the load paths for example but just want to understand the issue in this context. - Stefan On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM Kurt H Maier wrote: > On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:39:34PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote: > > > > What I'd really like is a way for users to override nameserver and > > search directives (so pretty much, all of resolv.conf) in a way that > > doesn't need root; this would be really valuable for testing. But > > sadly there's no precedent for an interface to do so. Maybe it's > > something we could work on a unified solution to with other > > implementations (glibc, bsds?). > > > > Rich > > FreeBSD and OpenBSD both currently support RES_OPTIONS (and LOCALDOMAIN > for overriding the search directive) but I don't think they support > overriding the nameserver directive. There's just the HOSTALIASES > variable for pointing to a file full of 'alias hostname' pairs. > > khm >