So if there is no dependency on another libc, then the only ‘dependency’ musl would have is some compiler runtime? I see in the source there is a ‘crt’ folder. Is that musl’s compiler runtime? On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 09:31, Matt Andrews wrote: > Oh. I read somewhere that some syscalls like abort require an > implementation that is picked up from some other libc. > > On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 08:40, Rich Felker wrote: > >> On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 08:28:54AM +1100, Matt Andrews wrote: >> > Lately I’ve been trying to cross compile musl with clang. It’s been a >> > really interesting process and everyone on this list has been really >> > helpful. >> > >> > I hope this isn’t too much of a silly question, but there’s a missing >> piece >> > to my understanding of the standard library and that is why you need >> > another libc to build it. I assumed that it is a self contained thing, >> > everything else depends on it. >> > >> > I’m sure there are very good reasons for needing another standard >> library >> > to build musl, but I’m not sure what they are and if anyone could let me >> > know that would greatly appreciated. >> >> It doesn't and I'm not sure where you got that idea. Can you explain >> what you mean? >> >> Rich >> >