mailing list of musl libc
* Hi James McNellis
@ 2015-05-08  8:16 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)
       [not found] ` <CAMt_YgHZOeYe_Mf9syThaZ1=D85k7ChUipcXQmsT-b93-CR=2w@mail.gmail.com>
From: 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)  @ 2015-05-08  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: james, musl

Does Microsoft has any plan to open source  Universal CRT?
I am interested in building a POSIX layer on Universal CRT by the
lightweight www.musl-libc.org, musl is licensed under MIT, so that's
would be good.

The main reason to building such a layer is to ease the Open Source
world for porting things to
Window, at the current state, the ms c runtime is ANSI api, and not UTF8 api,
and that makes a lot problems for open source community,
And a lots of opensource libs are based on posix api, that's
make those libs porting to win32 are really frustrated.
So I am interested to port musl to win32 and making the open source
world more happy.

--
         此致
礼

* Re: Hi James McNellis
       [not found] ` <CAMt_YgHZOeYe_Mf9syThaZ1=D85k7ChUipcXQmsT-b93-CR=2w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-05-10  7:22   ` 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)
From: 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)  @ 2015-05-10  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: McNellis, James P., Clang Dev, musl

UTF8 is a big bounce from msvc,  I am urgent to see this feature to
come, if Universal CRT can be opensource, then we could speed up this
procedure, and
clang may beneficial from the open source of the C Runtime, maybe we
can ship clang with the msvcrt in the future:)

--
         此致
礼