mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] FYI: llvm-musl-hexagon toolchain build script v1
@ 2021-07-26  0:11 Rob Landley
From: Rob Landley @ 2021-07-26  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Note the first three lines are the 3 git archives to clone into the current
directory. (llvm, linux, and qualcomm's musl-hexagon fork)

Loosely based on the
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/tests/docker/dockerfiles/debian-hexagon-cross.docker.d/build-toolchain.sh
with a _LOT_ of simplification. Yes, it can still be slimmed down further,
working on it ala
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-07/msg04610.html

I built a toybox binary which qemu-hexagon could run, and I built a
comet_defconfig vlinux which... doesn't seem to have a qemu-system-hexagon board
emulation yet? Hmmm...

Their musl hexagon branch is a couple dozen patches on top of a commit from
January of this year. Should rebase reasonnably to current without too much effort.

Rob

P.S. This chip is in every Android phone/tablet with a qualcomm chipset. Linux
was ported to it in 2010, which I know about because I worked on it
(http://landley.net/notes-2012.html#24-02-2012) but despite the hardware's
ubiquity it hasn't been particularly hobbyist accessible before now, but with
support finally going into QEMU...