On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Luca Barbato wrote: > > - Dependency on any library with the above problems. :-) > > And that kills everybody using glib? *runs and hides* > I guess that's one of the reasons I'm trying to eliminate glib from my system and thus, at the moment, trying to find a gettext alternative that doesn't need it. Was reading about the Citrus Project ( http://citrus.bsdclub.org/ ) creating a BSD licensed gettext. Having trouble digging up latest source code for it though. I also ran across Apache's version of iconv ( http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi ) but didn't see anything for gettext mentioned at the site. As time allows, I'm reworking sdcv which uses glib so that it doesn't need it. Then, all I need to do is find some useable replacements for SciTE and Sylpheed and I think I will have eliminated any major needs for glib in the Open Source applications and libraries I prefer.