Hi, excuse me for the bad English... Do you want porting the musl to which RISC computer: for ekzample "Banana Pi", or...? 2015-03-07 19:20 GMT+00:00 Devan Franchini : > Hello musl mailing list, > > I'd like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Devan Franchini > and I'm > a senior student at D'Youville college in Buffalo, New York. I'm currently > working on my bachelor's degree in IT, which is a software engineering > program, > and I'll hopefully be free from the shackles of structured education > come next > semester. > > Last night I joined the #musl channel in IRC and briefly discussed my > interest > in working on the GSoC project in which I would be porting the musl C > library > over to the RISC-V architecture. Here's a little bit about my background: > > * At D'Youville College I've been guided by the tutelage of Dr. Basile > (blueness at gentoo.org), who has exposed me to my passion for > system-level > development including but not limited to C standard libraries and > system building. > * I've been working with Linux for five years and Gentoo Linux in > particular > for three of those five years. This has given me a greater > understanding of > Linux internals and its underlying beauties. > * I have successfully completed two GSoCs. After my first GSoC I worked > with > blueness and became a Gentoo developer. > * I'm familiar with open-source development including version control > systems > systems (git and CVS), bug reports, submitting patches via bug reports or > email, and test suites. > * My strongest programming languages are Python, C, and C++, in that order. > * I have taken a class dedicated solely to Linux system programming and I'm > familiar with POSIX, XOPEN, SUSv3 and SUSv4 standards. The text we used > is > "The Linux Programming Interface" by Michael Kerrisk. > * I have worked with x86, and mips assembly code but I'd be lying if I > said I > remember most of it. However, I am quite capable of getting back on the > proverbial assembly horse. > > I've already discussed with Dr Basile my interest in this project and he > stated > he'd be willing to work with me through the summer as well since he > integrated musl into Gentoo. > > As of last night I was working on setting up a build environment for this > project and have successfully built the tool-chain for riscv64 and the rest > of the tool suite with instruction provided here: > https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~qmn/linux/install.html > > Hopefully I'll have this opportunity to work on porting the musl C > library to > new ground in the form of the RISC-V architecture. > > With Regards, > Devan Franchini > >