I already using uClibc so i know that i hardly ever have fork or dynamic linkage. It's all suitable for me. So whats up with mmap and startup code? I wonder on minimal working set of that all :-) 2014-03-31 0:01 GMT+09:00 Szabolcs Nagy : > * Smirnov Vladimir [2014-03-30 15:49:08 +0900]: > > I wonder if MUSL have such roadmap or there is any hackish way to > > add that support (may be some unoffitial patches). > > My problem that i've stucked with old gcc toolchain and uClibc > > supporting one widely used ARMv4 MMUless chip. > > looking at uClibc the main differences in a no-mmu system: > > fork is not available so related functions have to be changed/disabled > (vfork, daemon, wordexp, forkpty, pthread_atfork) > > brk is not available so malloc needs to change > > mmap may need MAP_UNINITIALIZED flag for performance > (and MAP_FIXED flag will fail) > > memory management related things may need to be changed/disabled > (mprotect?,mlock,msync,..) > > for dynamic linking ldso and libc startup code may need some change > (some targets (not arm) need fdpic or dsbt elf support) > (others can use a shared flat binary format) > > pthread may need smaller default stack and more careful stack usage > > arm startup code needs a change according to > http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/tree/libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/crt1.S#n179 > > and you may need to fix various toolchain issues.. >