mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Musl gentoo development: browsers
@ 2020-02-14 12:12 Brian Peregrine
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Brian Peregrine @ 2020-02-14 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

One of the main issues that is holding back musl use in gentoo is the
lack of browsers on gentoo/musl.

I'm not much of a coder (my skills are quite limited), so can't do much on this.
SJLC could work on this, but for that to happen we need donations.
Alternatively, other musl developers can help on this issue.
I posted a request to integrate a firefox and chromium script to
gentoo/musl, see https://github.com/gentoo/musl/pull/296 ,but they're
outdated so need to be improved before the pull would be accepted. Any
coding help from musl members would be appreciated.

Also, we would like to integrate the possibility of musl compilation
with the palemoon browser, but again, we need donations for this. The
palemoon browser (under musl) is already being used in our own musl
distro (TAZ), but we need to integrate the musl compilation directly
into the browser to make the whole process easier (ie also for
developing new TAZ releases). Donations are welcome at
https://github.com/Sharrisii/TAZ (sponsor button).