Hi Folks, TLDR: How do I broadcast a notification across processes, without a broker? Long story: I'm building an ipc-over-shm library with some unusual restrictions: * There are multiple channels of communication (each in it's own shm). * Each channel contains non-consumable resources (not a message queue). * Multiple processes can produce resources on the same channel. * Multiple consumers can access/use the resources. * Resources are versioned and (some) old versions are kept available. * Spurious wakeups are ok, but missing notifications (starvation) is not. * The library must be robust (in the mutex sense), meaning a process may crash without taking down the rest of the system. I'm trying to figure out how to notify a process that a new resource is available on a channel. Right now, my library puts (the equivalent of) a robust conditional variable in shared memory, for each channel. Each process must spawn a thread per-channel, just to await the cv broadcast. I'd ideally like to use a single thread with something like an epoll. For this, I'd need to get an fd (maybe eventfd) per channel into the hands of every process that wants to connect to a channel. fds, as I understand, cannot be shared via shared memory, only pipes, but I'm required to be brokerless. futex_fd are very deprecated. Am I missing another approach? Thanks, --Leo