I am waiting for the "library-safe" article ;) On 5 July 2013 18:31, Jeremy Huntwork wrote: > On Jul 4, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Rich Felker wrote: > > >> I really enjoyed these, thanks! > > > > Thanks for the feedback. BTW, I think it's really nice how the > > widespread adoption of version control systems and web interfaces for > > them has made it possible to cite source so easily, in such a way that > > readers can go directly to the code I'm talking about and see for > > themselves what it's doing. > > Yep, it's at the point now where you can pretty much take it for granted. > Only after you commented did I recall what it was like a few years back > when typically the best you had was grabbing a cvs snapshot for yourself > and examining the code locally. > > Rich, you have the rare ability of being able communicate technical > details in a way that is easy to understand and not horribly dry to read. > If you ever have time and motivation, I would love to read an article from > you about what makes good software. For example, pitfalls to avoid in C > (esp. ones that even experienced devs fall into). Or good design decisions > on the Unix/Linux platform vs poor design decisions - writing good code > that is both efficient and scalable. > > I know you're busy and many of these things one can find piecemeal on the > internets. (E.g., Rob Landley has some good thoughts on his toybox list > about cleaning up code contributions to toybox.) Still, having one good > article that is a joy to read makes a huge difference. > > JH -- *Ivan c00kiemon5ter Kanakarakis* >:3