mailing list of musl libc
* xattr missing remove functions
@ 2012-08-14 21:59 Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2012-08-14 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

the xattr functions in src/linux/xattr.c have the set, get and list
xattr functions, but are missing the remove ones. They are trivial to
add, clearly just an accidental oversight (the syscalls are all
there).

Justin

* Re: xattr missing remove functions
@ 2012-08-14 23:08 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2012-08-14 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:59:01PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> the xattr functions in src/linux/xattr.c have the set, get and list
> xattr functions, but are missing the remove ones. They are trivial to
> add, clearly just an accidental oversight (the syscalls are all
> there).

Can you send me a list with the correct prototypes so I can make sure
I don't miss anything when adding them?

Rich

* Re: xattr missing remove functions
@ 2012-08-15  8:17   ` Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2012-08-15  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:59:01PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
>> the xattr functions in src/linux/xattr.c have the set, get and list
>> xattr functions, but are missing the remove ones. They are trivial to
>> add, clearly just an accidental oversight (the syscalls are all
>> there).
>
> Can you send me a list with the correct prototypes so I can make sure
> I don't miss anything when adding them?

       int removexattr(const char *path, const char *name);
       int lremovexattr(const char *path, const char *name);
       int fremovexattr(int fd, const char *name);

@ 2012-08-15 22:37     ` Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2012-08-15 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Justin Cormack
<justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@aerifal.cx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:59:01PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
>>> the xattr functions in src/linux/xattr.c have the set, get and list
>>> xattr functions, but are missing the remove ones. They are trivial to
>>> add, clearly just an accidental oversight (the syscalls are all
>>> there).
>>
>> Can you send me a list with the correct prototypes so I can make sure
>> I don't miss anything when adding them?

Thanks for fixing those working fine.

Justin