On 12 Jul 2013 16:53, "Rich Felker" wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:34:57AM -0400, Kurt H Maier wrote: > > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:32:27AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote: > > > If you were looking for a list of packages to test musl against before > > > 1.0, the Open Invention Network seems to have come up with a list of > > > 593 packages they define as "The Linux System". > > > > This list looks like something a crazy person put together. It's > > basically everything available in OpenSUSE plus the android SDK. There > > is garbage in here like mono and mod_ruby. > > Indeed, this sounds like nothing but "Pointy Hair Linux" conformance, > which I think we can do without. Trying to meet these requirements is > akin to ISO C adding Annex K and other junk to make Microsoft happy. > They knew there was no hope of Microsoft actually adopting the C > standard, so why even bother trying to make them happy? Similarly, > "Pointy Hair Linux" is not adopting musl anytime soon, so worrying > about conforming to their silly requirements seems like a waste of > time and energy... > > Rich Its not a standard, its a list of things that are broadly "Linux" in terms of the point of the group which is an anti patent pool... Justin