mailing list of musl libc
* pselect question
@ 2013-08-29 16:26 Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2013-08-29 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I see pselect has the oddest kernel interface since the last odd one.

However the bit long data[2] = { (long)mask, _NSIG/8 }; looks like it
could be incorrect on MIPS where _NSIG is 128... is that right?

(just got a mips box, must install it).

Justin

* Re: pselect question
@ 2013-08-29 17:38 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2013-08-29 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:26:56PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> I see pselect has the oddest kernel interface since the last odd one.
>
> However the bit long data[2] = { (long)mask, _NSIG/8 }; looks like it
> could be incorrect on MIPS where _NSIG is 128... is that right?
>
> (just got a mips box, must install it).

Why do you think it's wrong? All of the kernel interfaces that take a
sigset_t argument include an additional argument specifying the usable
size of the sigset_t, and the kernel issues an error (EINVAL if I'm
not mistaken) unless the argument matches the kernel's idea of the
size of sigset_t. On MIPS, the expected size is 16.

Rich

* Re: pselect question
@ 2013-08-29 18:20   ` Justin Cormack
From: Justin Cormack @ 2013-08-29 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Rich Felker <dalias@aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:26:56PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
>> I see pselect has the oddest kernel interface since the last odd one.
>>
>> However the bit long data[2] = { (long)mask, _NSIG/8 }; looks like it
>> could be incorrect on MIPS where _NSIG is 128... is that right?
>>
>> (just got a mips box, must install it).
>
> Why do you think it's wrong? All of the kernel interfaces that take a
> sigset_t argument include an additional argument specifying the usable
> size of the sigset_t, and the kernel issues an error (EINVAL if I'm
> not mistaken) unless the argument matches the kernel's idea of the
> size of sigset_t. On MIPS, the expected size is 16.

Sorry, ignore me, I misread it...

Justin