On Apr 1, 2014 5:19 PM, wrote: > > Hi John, > > On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:11:57AM -0400, John Mudd wrote: > > But I run into trouble when I start setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that Python > > can locate the Readline and other libs. The musl built Python works but > > these libs start causing native program to fail. e.g. "vim: error while > > loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so: invalid ELF > > header". > > You seem to encounter the very problem which the newly discussed > --library-path solves. You may need to run your musl-linked binaries > via wrappers, starting them like > /..../libc.so --library-path /...yourseparatelibplace /the...binary [args] > > Let you look at the recent posts mentioning LD_LIBRARY_PATH. > > (Note that hacks like "MUSL_LIBRARY_PATH" do not allow using > in the same process tree different versions/instances of libraries, > iow being about as much broken as LD_LIBRARY_PATH) > Or use a Musl distro like Sabotage, perhaps in a chroot. That helps a lot with dynamic libraries. Justin