mailing list of musl libc
From: "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Failed to execute /init (error -2) for system-wide musl libc
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 19:04:55 +0100	[thread overview]

On NodeOS we are having some problems creating an i686 cross-compiler
using musl (https://github.com/NodeOS/NodeOS/pull/89).

The point is that by generating a fully statically linked Node.js
executable it boot correctly, but by using a dynamically one we get a
"Failed to execute /init (error -2)" error. We have crafted the
cross-compiler following the instructions at
http://clfs.org/view/clfs-embedded with no lack. The fact is that
executables compiled with the cross-toolchain works on our desktops
but they don't on QEmu, and we've added all the dynamic libraries that
readelf request (only libc.so, libstdc++.so & libgcc_s.so). As a
curious side note, when installing the musl-linked gcc libraries, the
/lib/ld-musl-i386.so.1 link dissapear from the cross-toochain folder,
but also adding it by hand all the dynamic linked executables refuse
to load on QEmu, also a simple "Hello World" that only depends on
libc.so :-/

We are getting out of ideas, any clue about what could be happening?

Greetings, and Happy New Year :-)

Jesús Leganés Combarro "piranna"

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux