mailing list of musl libc
* Curious about musl website
@ 2015-11-15 16:17 Wink Saville
From: Wink Saville @ 2015-11-15 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I'm looking for a libc for linux and ran across musl and I'm curious about
the development. I initially looked at the website
<http://www.etalabs.net/musl/> the download page
<http://www.etalabs.net/musl/download.html> indicates the last release was
v0.9.6 in 2012 leaving me with the impression the project was stagnant.

But, as you all know the latest release is v1.1.12 from Oct 2015! And
further more when looking at the source code logs
<http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/log/> and the mailing list archives
<http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/> the project is definitely in active
development.

So, why is the website gone stale?

If you'd like I'd be glad to spend a few minutes updating that page showing
the latest releases and a link to the releases page
<http://www.musl-libc.org/releases/>, for older releases.

-- Wink

* Re: Curious about musl website
@ 2015-11-15 16:28 ` Shiz
From: Shiz @ 2015-11-15 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Eta Labs is where the old site is hosted: the new site is at http://musl-libc.org. It could probably use a redirect, indeed.

- Shiz

@ 2015-11-15 17:08   ` Wink Saville
From: Wink Saville @ 2015-11-15 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

The redirect would be a good idea, I got to the old site via OSDev
<http://wiki.osdev.org/C_Library>, I'll see if I can get that one updated.

-- Wink

@ 2015-11-15 19:16   ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2015-11-15 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 05:28:30PM +0100, Shiz wrote:
> Eta Labs is where the old site is hosted: the new site is at
> http://musl-libc.org. It could probably use a redirect, indeed.

There was a redirect but apparently it was lost when the old VPS went
down and bringing the site back up on the new VPS didn't restore it.
I'll check what's wrong and fix it.

Rich

* Re: Curious about musl website
@ 2015-11-15 19:33     ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2015-11-15 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 02:16:45PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 05:28:30PM +0100, Shiz wrote:
> > Eta Labs is where the old site is hosted: the new site is at
> > http://musl-libc.org. It could probably use a redirect, indeed.
>
> There was a redirect but apparently it was lost when the old VPS went
> down and bringing the site back up on the new VPS didn't restore it.
> I'll check what's wrong and fix it.

Should be fixed, and I now have the redirect in my main repo for the
etalabs site so it won't be lost.

Rich

* Re: Curious about musl website
@ 2015-11-16  4:32       ` Wink Saville