Ok, gtk thanks. Is there a functional difference between - fmt = nl_langinfo(_DATE_FMT); + fmt = "%c %Z"; as far as localization is concerned? fmt as the 3rd arg for strftime. I imagine there is otherwise what's the use of nl_langinfo, but I haven't been able to make sense of the locale docs yet. Or is it reasonable to suggest adding string.h to concat the %Z on the end of nl_langinfo(D_T_FMT)? On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Isaac Dunham wrote: > xpg4 is not the latest X/Open standard, it's the oldest (early 1990s if I > remember correctly). > SUSv4(TC1)/POSIX2013 is the latest, and that's what musl is written to. > > HTH, > Isaac Dunham >