It is indeed. The problem is there are some features in the rust compiler that are not supported in musl. *Augusto César Dias* On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:15 PM Szabolcs Nagy wrote: > * Augusto César Dias [2019-11-08 13:26:33 > +0100]: > > My application depends on glib2 which I installed through apk and when it > > starts it fails with the following: > > > > ** > > GLib-GObject:ERROR:../gobject/gtype.c:2743:g_type_register_static: > > assertion failed: (static_quark_type_flags) > > Aborted > > there is at least one known glibc quark bug > > https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/blob/master/main/glib/0001-gquark-fix-initialization-with-c-constructors.patch > > but that should be fixed in alpine, and in recent musl > it should work even without patching, unless this is > static linking. > > > I've trying to compile a C example directly in my alpine container and it > > works in there, so that made me believe I'm having some problems with the > > cross compilation/linking in my glibc container. > > > > Any ideas on how can I solve this? > > why do you need to cross compile? > > building natively on a musl based distro where all dependencies > are correctly built and packaged should be much more reliable. >