On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM Petr Hosek wrote: > To clarify the CLA bit, we're not asking musl authors to sign the Google > CLA. Instead, what we proposed was coming up with a CLA specifically for > musl. Since someone, in this case most likely Rich as the project > maintainer, has to re-license the files which are currently in public > domain, one way is to have the past contributors sign a "musl project" CLA > as a way to keep a track of the legal permission to use and distribute > these files. However, this is a decision of the musl community and how you > do the re-licensing is up to you, as long as you have the permission to > re-license the files in question. > Ah, that makes a lot more sense. For what it's worth, to my knowledge any of the files that could potentially need relicensing are the sole work of Rich Felker. (before just whole-sale doing that, though, I would recommend that we confirm that; my general feel != legal certainty, and if an actual licensing change does need to happen here, legal certainty is what we want)