On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Sergey Dmitrouk wrote: > Hi, > > the code in src/stdio/__stdout_write.c checks whether output is going to > a terminal and if it's not the case disables line buffering. I'm > wondering what's the reason behind this? This causes some programs to > produce different output depending whether stdout is terminal or not, > not a bit deal, but I don't see much profit in disabling buffering > either. > > Regards, > Sergey > From the spec < http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/stdin.html>: "the standard input and standard output streams are fully buffered if and only if the stream can be determined not to refer to an interactive device."