mailing list of musl libc
* Issues building gdbserver with musl
@ 2017-06-03 14:14 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2017-06-03 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl, Rich Felker

Hello,

We are building a number of toolchains, some of them using the musl C
library, and are seeing that gdbserver fails to build with musl on a
number of architectures. We have used musl 1.1.16, i.e the latest
version.

Here are the failures that we see:

 - On SuperH:

   usr/sh4-buildroot-linux-musl/sysroot/usr/include/asm/ptrace_32.h:44:8: error: redefinition of 'struct pt_regs'

 - On PowerPC64 and PowerPC64le:

   usr/powerpc64-buildroot-linux-musl/sysroot/usr/include/asm/ptrace.h:31:8: error: redefinition of 'struct pt_regs'
   usr/powerpc64le-buildroot-linux-musl/sysroot/usr/include/asm/ptrace.h:31:8: error: redefinition of 'struct pt_regs'

 - On PowerPC:

   usr/powerpc-buildroot-linux-musl/sysroot/usr/include/asm/ptrace.h:31:8: error: redefinition of 'struct pt_regs'

 - On Microblaze, little endian and big endian

   usr/microblaze-buildroot-linux-musl/sysroot/usr/include/sys/procfs.h:30:2: error: unknown type name 'elf_gregset_t'
   error: 'Elf64_auxv_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
   error: 'Elf32_auxv_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

On all those architectures, gdbserver builds fine with other C libraries.

I had a brief look at the commits in musl since 1.1.16 and couldn't
spot anything that looked related.

Are you interested in fixing those issues? If needed, I can provide an
easy way of reproducing those build failures.

Thanks!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons