On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 5:08 AM Rich Felker wrote: > This thread is a call for feedback from distros (or other > similarly-situated systems integrators) using musl with 32-bit archs. > Everything is moving smoothly on my side for upcoming time64 > switchover which will be included in the next release, 1.2.0. But with > this involving ABI issues between packages and changes that some > software may not be ready for, it will likely be at least somewhat > disruptive to distros/users. When are we planning for 1.2 release approximately? I would like to see it before March 2020 since openembedded/yocto releases in April this fits well with scheduling this upgrade and gives time to test it on various platforms > > In particular: > > * Are there resources I could/should make available that will help > things go smoothly? > > * Are you available for testing building and running packages against > time64 musl prior to release? Yes > > From my side, I'm planning to write up release notes/announcement far > more detailed than usual, with instructions on switchover, what ABI > compatibility/stability does & doesn't mean, possible pitfalls, tips > for catching code that may have time64-related bugs, etc., and just > basic FAQ items like whether you need a 5.1+ kernel (no) or kernel > headers (no). > > I'll also be building and testing some software on i386 and sh at > least; I already started with busybox, which just got the main > time64-readiness issue I was aware of fixed. > > I think I'll push the last of the time64 patches within the next week, > possibly sooner, meaning "distros start testing" is a thing that could > begin really soon if anyone's up for it. I will be able to start doing master work in couple of weeks > > Rich >