mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] SA_RESTORER for rv64?
@ 2022-11-10 15:44 enh
From: enh @ 2022-11-10 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h has contained a definition for SA_RESTORER since
the initial commit, but i think that's just copy & paste from whichever
architecture the rv64 headers were based on? the linux kernel itself
doesn't have SA_RESTORER for rv64, unless i'm missing something?

* Re: [musl] SA_RESTORER for rv64?
@ 2022-11-10 17:18 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2022-11-10 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: enh; +Cc: musl

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 07:44:23AM -0800, enh wrote:
> arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h has contained a definition for SA_RESTORER since
> the initial commit, but i think that's just copy & paste from whichever
> architecture the rv64 headers were based on? the linux kernel itself
> doesn't have SA_RESTORER for rv64, unless i'm missing something?

I suspect this is just a mistake. Have you seen any ill effects from
it? If riscv folks can confirm it's wrong, I'll remove it.

Rich

* Re: [musl] SA_RESTORER for rv64?
@ 2022-11-10 17:26   ` enh
From: enh @ 2022-11-10 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dalias; +Cc: musl

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 9:19 AM Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 07:44:23AM -0800, enh wrote:
> > arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h has contained a definition for SA_RESTORER
> since
> > the initial commit, but i think that's just copy & paste from whichever
> > architecture the rv64 headers were based on? the linux kernel itself
> > doesn't have SA_RESTORER for rv64, unless i'm missing something?
>
> I suspect this is just a mistake. Have you seen any ill effects from
> it? If riscv folks can confirm it's wrong, I'll remove it.

i noticed this by inspection after someone had some code that (correctly)
didn't compile with bionic or glibc but did with musl. in addition to
rejecting the proposal to add a rv64 SA_RESTORER to bionic, i said i'd
reach out to musl about removing it there :-)

> Rich

* Re: [musl] SA_RESTORER for rv64?
@ 2022-11-10 17:31   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2022-11-10 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: enh

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 9:19 AM Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 07:44:23AM -0800, enh wrote:
> > arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h has contained a definition for SA_RESTORER since
> > the initial commit, but i think that's just copy & paste from whichever
> > architecture the rv64 headers were based on? the linux kernel itself
> > doesn't have SA_RESTORER for rv64, unless i'm missing something?
>
> I suspect this is just a mistake. Have you seen any ill effects from
> it? If riscv folks can confirm it's wrong, I'll remove it.

Yeah I think it should be removed. Perhaps mips is in same boat.