mailing list of musl libc
* using musl with a c++ library.
@ 2016-03-29  9:02 Rashad Kanavath
From: Rashad Kanavath @ 2016-03-29  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

How do I use musl with a c++ library.?  Does anybody tried  to use g++
using musl?

From musl FAQ,

Be aware that, "out of the box", the wrapper only supports C applications,
not C++. This is because the C++ libraries and headers are missing from the
musl include/library path. The existing libstdc++ is actually compatible
with musl in most cases and could be used by copying it into the musl
library path, but the C++ header files are usually not compatible. One
option may be rebuilding just libstdc++ against musl; however, if C++
support is needed, it's recommended just to build a native toolchain
targetting musl.

should I rebuild just libstdc++ using musl-gcc wrapper script and use that
libstdc++ ?.

Also Is it possible to distribute musl with an application package.
Currently I have a self-extracting archive which uses an older version of
glibc. so it will run on any platform that has a glibc version higher that
it was build (2.4). If I use musl and is able to distribute it along with
my application package, Then I don't have to rely on anything other than
linux kernel version on the target platform.

--
Regards,
   Rashad