Hello Shiz, Thanks for your reply. I will try links you said and let you know how it goes.. On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Shiz wrote: > > > On 29 Mar 2016, at 11:02, Rashad Kanavath > wrote: > > > > should I rebuild just libstdc++ using musl-gcc wrapper script and use > that libstdc++ ?. > > I believe the current recommendation is to not use musl-gcc at all for C++ > stuff, > but just build a proper musl-native toolchain. Recipes for such can be > found at [1] and [2]. > musl-gcc is just a wrapper for convenience, but definitely not a > replacement for a proper > native toolchain. > > > Also Is it possible to distribute musl with an application package. > Currently I have a self-extracting archive which uses an older version of > glibc. so it will run on any platform that has a glibc version higher that > it was build (2.4). If I use musl and is able to distribute it along with > my application package, Then I don't have to rely on anything other than > linux kernel version on the target platform. > > Yes, as musl is licensed under the MIT license, this is allowed. > You could even statically link against it to be able to ship just a single > binary file. > > - Shiz > > [1]: https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross > [2]: https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make > -- Regards, Rashad