Hello, Thanks for checking and very sorry for the noise, I didn't read the loop condition correctly. I am using Webassembly so the issue must be specific to it somehow. I will report on wasi-libc to follow up. Thanks, On Sat, Dec 2, 2023, 01:21 Markus Wichmann wrote: > Am Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 02:08:54PM +0900 schrieb Anuraag Agrawal: > > Currently, __intscan, used by functions like strtol, does not seem to > check > > for overflow during multiplication. > > > > https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/src/internal/intscan.c#n69 > > > > There is no multiplication in the referenced line. Assuming you mean the > one above it, the loop condition checks that neither the multiplication > nor the addition can overflow. The same holds for the loop on lines 79f. > > As far as I can tell, this has been the case since the first version of > this code was checked in in 2012. > > Ciao, > Markus >