mailing list of musl libc
From: Lee Shallis <gb2985@gmail.com>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [musl] Suggestion for thread safety
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 01:44:38 +0000	[thread overview]

Welp, I think I finally managed to fix my implementation, wasn't quite
what I had in mind but it was the only method that seemed to work
without the bulky code pthread_mutex_lock falls to, it is however
slightly slower so I would treat it as a fallback for systems that
don't provide a mutex for now, the solution I ended up with utilises
kill( getpid(), SIGCONT ) & an additional member to identify which
thread managed to get their pid_t in at the time of the claim.