Hi I ran into some issues lately and found this in the mailing list archive https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2019/05/30/3 The problem I had was with Alpine containers that suddenly failed resolving any hostname. I ended up tracing it back to a change I made in a domain that was in the "search" fiels in /etc/resolv.conf. The change was a wildcard TXT field. So when the resolver was resolving ... it received an NOERROR reply. This indicates there is a record but just not a "A" or "AAAA" one. Perfectly valid as far as I know, but the resolver then quits the search. Maybe someone here can clarify this behaviour, because from the referred thread in the mailing list I get that this is caused by malfunctioning DNS, but in my case I don't think it is. Right now our options are: - adjusting ndots in resolv.conf - but we actually use the search path - adding a dot at the end - this can only work if we know up front we don't want the search path - replacing Alpine with some libc-based image - this involves many changes - not to do it again (adding wildcard for something other than A or AAAA records) Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards *Rob de Wit*