mailing list of musl libc
* Difference between -O2 and -g
@ 2012-10-26  1:31 Brian Wang
From: Brian Wang @ 2012-10-26  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello all,

I am experiencing a rather strange problem...

I have an oldish kdrive/Xfbdev that works on my ARM device with
CodeSourcery toolchains.
Now, I tried it with musl (0.9.6 and the recent git master branch as well).
First it failed to find the screen and refused to start.  After some naive
attempts with printf without success, I recompiled it with -g and no
-Ox with the hope that gdbserver
would help pin point the problem.  However, with only -g, it runs!

They are running in different code paths, apparently.  Even though it
looks like the compiler is faulty,
I would rather believe GCC 4.7.2 should be quite good.

I know I didn't give much information and it's a shot in the dark.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

--
brian

Cool-Karaoke - The smallest recording studio, in your palm, open-sourced
http://cool-idea.com.tw/

iMaGiNaTiOn iS mOrE iMpOrTaNt tHaN kNoWlEdGe