Am Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 08:46:32PM -0400 schrieb Peter Williams: > If I'm understanding correctly, the complaint is that a branch in > sigsetjmp that invokes setjmp is too far away from the definition of > setjmp. My very handwavey idea is that maybe for some reason my program > is causing the linker to want to locate setjmp() and sigsetjmp() really > far away from each other. If that's right, perhaps it would be possible > to modify the assembler code to be able to handle such a situation? I'm guessing the same. Pretty much all architectures have shorter conditional than unconditional branches. That is why branches to other files (technically to other sections) should always be unconditional. I am attaching a simple patch that should help with the situation. Ciao, Markus