mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] RELRO vs deferred binding
@ 2021-03-31 14:27 Alexander Monakov
From: Alexander Monakov @ 2021-03-31 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi,

my understanding is that deferred binding currently does not work if any of the
deferred relocations fall into the RELRO segment.

I am raising this because Alpine may try enabling -fno-plt globally, and
with -fno-plt non-PLT GOT relocations will be in RELRO, and affected Xorg
modules will fail to load, again, but now with a segfault in the dynamic
linker, presumably (I have not tested this).

Alexander