On 02/14/19 18:24, Nick Bray wrote: > Patch is attached. > > The change was motivated by including Musl's headers from a project > with -Werror -Wall enabled. I believe Fucshia ran into this, too. I > couldn't think of a good regression test, in part because warnings are > somewhat compiler specific. One possible approach would be to enable > -Werror -Wall in the main build, but that runs into issues of which > compilers are supported and what the core developers prefer. Another > approach would be to only lint the header files - generate a dummy .c > file that includes all the header files and compile it with -Werror. > This is complicated by the "redirection" header files that warn you > should use the canonical version. Which header files should be > checked? So for the moment I punted on regression testing. I mention > this line of thinking in case anyone has some perspective. This has a strong +1 from me, but changes like this have already been rejected at least twice on this list because "compilers shouldn't warn about system headers". Perhaps at attempt #3, they will just accept that this happens regularly enough that a few parens is not the end of the world. (It also makes more components of musl reusable in other libraries, if desired.) Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org