On 01/08/19 16:10, Markus Wichmann wrote: > OK, that's interesting. But do we really want to work around bugs in > gcc/binutils? Yes. > Especially ones that were fixed a while ago? Yes. > Because that > might lead us to a situation where we have ugly code we can't improve > because an old version of binutils had a bug, which is a fact that will > never go away, so the code stays ugly forever. That is correct. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org