On 18/09/2019 08:50, Rich Felker wrote: > On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 04:22:06PM +0300, JS wrote: >> Hello >> >> Does anybody have experience/solution with ffmpeg segfaulting with >> musl? The issue happens when mpd tries to play wav file that is >> decoded by ffmpeg. Tested with musl 1.1.17 and 1.1.23 and both old >> and new ffmpeg versions. This does not happen with uClibc on the >> same hardware. > > I'm not aware of any such problem. Are there publicly available files > you can reproduce the crash with? Is mpd necessary or does ffplay > crash too? (easier test case) > > Rich I'll note here if it helps that I've been *incredibly* rough with ffplay and other ffmpeg consumers (including Firefox, Audacious, VLC) and I've never experienced an ffmpeg-related segfault on Adélie, ppc64 + x86_64. By "rough" I mean "files wrongly encoded by misbehaving programs", in addition to a wide swath of formats. I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any issues playing back any media. I've personally tested WAV (16-bit LE and 8-bit LE), AIFF (BE only), FLAC, AU (Sun only), MP2, MP3, M4A/AAC, Apple Lossless, Opus, WebM Audio, and CDDA (audio CDs). I'd be *very* curious to see an example WAV file as well, if they are unique in any way; this could even be a security-adjacent bug if there really is a buffer issue in mpd or ffmpeg. I'm also interested in what the audio stack looks like. For example, is this playing back to the ALSA back-end, Pulse, SDL, socket, sndio? I *have* seen a bit of trouble out of the ALSA back end at times, and the SDL output has been no end of trouble. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org