I'd just like to further note that as of 2.55, the GLib test suite now fails for the same reason as Perl's (and libunistring, and coreutils, and libidn, and git, ...): it tries to set LC_COLLATE to en_US, it "succeeds", then it tries to collate and fails to get the expected result. I'm not *quite* to the point where I am going to just LD_PRELOAD a stub that makes setlocale always fail when running `abuild check`, but I'm very close. --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux http://adelielinux.org