mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] How to support symbol versioning for musl?
@ 2022-03-28  9:44 up
From: up @ 2022-03-28  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi guys,

I've discussed this topic online(https://web.libera.chat).
I got the conclusion that musl does not support symbol versioning(or musl supports only one symbol version, see at https://wiki.musl-libc.org/functional-differences-from-glibc.html#Symbol-versioning).

Here is my plan,
1. find out how musl is compatiable with glibc symbol versioning.
2. modify musl dynamic linker to support more than two symbol versions.

But I get stuck in finding out the mechanism of dynamic linker.
Where should I start and how to procceed?

Hope you guys could give me some advice. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
A newbee to musl