* Apology
@ 2012-05-29  6:51 yuji sakai
From: yuji sakai @ 2012-05-29  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Good day!

I would like to apologize for whatever trouble my earlier post caused the
message archive system. Rest assured that no ill intention was behind that.

Honestly, I haven't been posting anything for quite a while now, and I have
already forgotten how to... At least in a proper way. I was caught up in
the middle of something earlier as I was trying to look for a solution to
my problem when I posted my query. It was only after Mojca called my
attention just now that I noticed that I have not deleted the rest of the
unrelated posts in the bulletin that I used to reach the mailing list. Only
now did I realize what a mess that has caused.

I am still learning the ropes in using ConTeXt MKIV. But instead of asking
questions about the things that I needed done, I have done my best to
search for the answers myself. Only when I feel (at the time) that my
search has been futile do I come to this mailing list for help... And that
is as a last resort. To Aditya, thank you very much for your very prompt
reply. I already knew the unicode for the recipe sign prior to posting my
inquiry, and was hoping there would be another way to do it. At the time of
posting, I was having problems typesetting unicode characters in MKIV but
soon figured that out by the time I received Aditya's response. But
nonetheless, I am grateful for Aditya's help.

Cheating, I believe, has a connotation of one bypassing the norms to gain
undue advantage over others. To that, I refuse to admit that what I did
earlier was cheating. As I have said, I had no intention of disrupting this
message board. It was a careless mistake on my part.

Anyway, thank you all for your help.

Joel

* Re: Apology
@ 2012-05-29 16:08 ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2012-05-29 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue 29 May 2012, yuji sakai wrote:

> Cheating, I believe, has a connotation of one bypassing the norms to
> gain undue advantage over others. To that, I refuse to admit that
> what I did earlier was cheating. As I have said, I had no intention
> of disrupting this message board. It was a careless mistake on my
> part.

Don't worry: I don't think Mojca was accusing you of deceit.
‘Cheating’ is sometimes used in a looser sense to mean doing something
the easy way rather than the official way. I'm sure that that's what
was meant here.

Using reply-to for new messages is an understandable mistake that I've
seen on many mailing lists. For people not using threaded
mail-readers, it doesn't make any apparent difference. For the rest of
us, however, it messes up the conversations quite noticeably. I'll add
something to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Mailing_Lists about
it, since it seems we already have some useful guidelines there.

Pont