Hello Wolfgang! Here is my example. I found the right command: it was \setupheadertexts \setuppapersize[A4] \setuppagenumbering[location={footer, right}style=bold] \setuphead[chapter][header=empty] \setupheadertexts[1.1 second] \starttext \chapter{first} \dorecurse{10}{\input knuth } I have one question: why are the pagenumbers in the footer, iwanted them in the head. Thank you and a happy new year Von: ntg-context [mailto:ntg-context-bounces@ntg.nl] Im Auftrag von Wolfgang Schuster Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015 14:52 An: mailing list for ConTeXt users Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] Maybe simply, i don't know Ursula Hermann 17. Dezember 2015 um 16:34 Hello Hans, and so on! When there are different headers and footers in a chapter: 1. header: this is me. I write this in left and right pages. Then comes a subsection in this chapter 1.1 header: left side: this is my first chapter, right side : this is the second chapter. What have I to do then Can you send a minimal example for your problem. Wolfgang