Hello Henry and Alan and Wolfgang! If I have this example, wich works really fine , I would like to know , how the same sample works if i have a link in a footnote and want to write \cite ,with an autor and a year ? . \startbuffer[biblio] @url? , what is next to write, the autor, the year? Or only the link? } \stopbuffer \mainlanguage[en] \usebtxdataset[biblio.buffer] \starttext \startbodymatter \startchapter[title={Me}] Your attachment actively impedes the aim that brought you to it initially \footnote{\cite[url] [www.contextgarden.net]? \stopchapter \stopbodymatter \startbackmatter \startchapter[title={Bibliography}] \placelistofpublications \stopchapter \stopbackmatter \stoptext Thanks for your help. Uschi