* LuaTex on Windows PCs
@ 2019-03-04 15:58 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2019-03-04 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Context News Group

Hi All,
I have been using ConTeXt on Macs for >20 years. Having written a particular piece of code for others to operate who have PCs, I am now stuck.

I upgraded to LuaTeX some time ago as recommended on this list.

IT do not seem to be able to install a working version of LuaTeX on PCs. I have directed them to ConTeXt Garden but they have had no luck.

Do any of you have guaranteed pointers to a simple installation on PCs? Simple editing and creating (from ConTeXt) the PDFs is all that is required.

Thanks
—
Nigel
nigel@nigelking.me.uk
m:07917 803879

* Re: LuaTex on Windows PCs
@ 2019-03-04 16:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-03-04 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/4/2019 4:58 PM, Nigel King wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have been using ConTeXt on Macs for >20 years. Having written a
> particular piece of code for others to operate who have PCs, I am now
> stuck.
>
> I upgraded to LuaTeX some time ago as recommended on this list.
>
> IT do not seem to be able to install a working version of LuaTeX on PCs.
> I have directed them to ConTeXt Garden but they have had no luck.
>
> Do any of you have guaranteed pointers to a simple installation on PCs?
> Simple editing and creating (from ConTeXt) the PDFs is all that is required.
The installation page really needs an update ... the starting point is
here:

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone

download

http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip
http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-win64.zip

unzip someplace, then run

first-setup.bat

etc

* Re: LuaTex on Windows PCs
@ 2019-03-04 21:12   ` Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2019-03-04 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-03-04 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/4/2019 4:58 PM, Nigel King wrote:
> > IT do not seem to be able to install a working version of LuaTeX on PCs.
> > I have directed them to ConTeXt Garden but they have had no luck.
> >

> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone
>
> download
>
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-win64.zip
>
> unzip someplace, then run
>
> first-setup.bat

I suppose the problematic part is rsync here, which communicates via unusual port number 873. It is typically disabled in company environments.

I encountered this few years ago. Now I've found a workaround for this (but not tested):
https://www.poftut.com/specify-different-port-for-linux-rsync/

Jan