* one more problem bit the dust
@ 2000-12-15 15:15 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2000-12-15 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

last night, just as I was getting too puzzled to go on searching for the
reason why the TeX Live installation on my laptop couldn't find my fonts, I
decided to call it a day and look into it again after a good sleep.Today,
while on the train, I took out the machine to fry my legs (how such a
cooking plate can be called a "laptop" is another mystery) and I found
reference to a pdftex.cfg in the logfile (where I recalled the texmf.cnf
file was...) and realized I hadn't touched that file yet. The setup with a
user directory, a local/var directory and the default texmf setup has also
confused me but now it seems to work fine! It seems there are slightly
similar config files in a number of different locations and it takes this
user here some time until i have more or less found all of them. I think I
have in the mean time edited more copies of texmf.cnf than is strictly
necessary but I'm just glad it works ;=}}

I was planning to delete the complete setup and start from scratch,
downloading PERL from the activeperl site, the FPTeX tree from its source
and ConTeXt from the pragma site but I now hope I can keep using the TeX
Live CD version, refreshing it when a new CD comes out.

Groet!

Frans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-15 15:15 UTC | newest]