* ConTeXt, XML and verbatim
@ 2003-09-03 14:09 Pawel Jackowski na WP
From: Pawel Jackowski na WP @ 2003-09-03 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I.

I'm working on some documentation writen in XML. This documentation contain
many nested XML files.
To process XML I use simple ConTeXt construction

\processXMLfilegrouped{file.xml}

(or)

\starttext
\processXMLfilegrouped{file.xml}
\stoptext

In XML source nested files are involved by <nested/> tag.
To process nested XML files I have defined something like this:

\defineXMLcommand [nested]
   {\processXMLfile{\XMLpar{nested}{src}{}}}

It works good.

I want to treat each 'newline-char' as a space (in the whole document).
For that purpose I use:

\catcode`^^M=10

The problem is that it DOESN'T work for nested XML files. How can I set
someting like this
for the whole XML structure, not only for file processed just 'under'
ConTeXt? It works only for the file processed
directly by the command \processXMLfile{...}

II.

Meybe someone knowns how to 'translate' verbatim environments for XML code?
I mean how to define environment which I can use in this way

<verbatim>
</verbatim>

to get literal content of such XML tag?

Thanks, Paweł Jackowski