* probably well known problem
@ 2003-09-20 17:08 Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-20 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I've just finished (?) reinstalling and configuring my TeX system. It is
quite small conglomerate of cont-bas, cont-tmf and my own packages. I've
successfully generated all formats using fmtutil. However I
have some troubles with 'cont-en'; it was successfully generated but do not
work properly. I tried to do that also with texexec 'shell'.

I need pl language hyphenation patterns as a default and for some cases also
en and de. That's why I uncommented following lines in cont-usr.tex file:
 \installlanguage [\s!de] [\c!status=\v!start]
 \installlanguage [\s!en] [\c!status=\v!start]
 \installlanguage [\s!pl] [\c!status=\v!start]
 \setupcurrentlanguage[\s!pl]
 \definefilesynonym [font-cmr] [font-plr]
% \useencoding[fde]  % commented by me
 \useencoding[fpl]

After these changes I generated format with command

texexec --make --language=pl,en,de --bodyfont=plr en

Log file (cont-fmt):

\unprotect
\installlanguage[\s!pl][\c!status=\v!start]
\installlanguage[\s!en][\c!status=\v!start]
\installlanguage[\s!de][\c!status=\v!start]
\setupcurrentlanguage[\s!pl]
\definetypescriptsynonym[cmr][plr]\definefilesynonym[font-cmr][font-plr]
\protect
\endinput

Is it correct?

After that I expect format with following features:
-- interface: english
-- default language: polish
-- other languages (activated by \language[??]): en,de
-- default font: plr

The problem is that default font is still CMR and I want to use PLR. What is
wrong? What should I do?

Oh by the way, I recomend you cont-bas package; tidy, small and complete.

Regards, Pawe/l

* Re: probably well known problem
@ 2003-09-21  8:34 ` K.H. Wesseling
From: K.H. Wesseling @ 2003-09-21  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might try

texexec --make --language=pl,en,de --bodyfont=plr en

from the texexec manual.

Best succes...Karel

@ 2003-09-21 15:54   ` Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-21 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, but You probably haven't read my letter to the end. I wrote:

> > After these changes I generated format with command
> >
> > texexec --make --language=pl,en,de --bodyfont=plr en

And than I wrote that it was not the solution.
I respect ntg-list and always try to ask the manual first :)

@ 2003-09-21 18:23     ` K.H. Wesseling
From: K.H. Wesseling @ 2003-09-21 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am sorry to have irritated you. I read this list and in most cases
don't even understand the questions. In this particular case I
recognized a question since I assembled a beginners texexec manual a
few years ago with Hans. That's why I added from the manual to
indicate that it is not my own knowledge, with no intention to imply
that you don't do your reading. Karel.

@ 2003-09-21 19:30       ` Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-21 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Karel!

"K.H. Wesseling" <k.h.wesseling@planet.nl> wrote:

> I am sorry to have irritated you[...]

You didn't at all so let's forget about it. I'm aware that answering silly
questions isn't easy...
I'm also aware that asking silly questions with counsiousness that they are
silly is also hard.
The hardest for squealers is to ask questions and show that they aren't so
silly as they look like (:

Best regards, squealer Pawe/l

* Re: probably well known problem
@ 2003-09-23 21:48         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-23 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 21:30 21/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Best regards, squealer Pawe/l

just curious, is this / notation (similar to german active ") still being
used in poland (and tex)?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: is / notation (similar to german active ") still being...
@ 2003-09-24  5:53           ` Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-24  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jackowski boguslaw

"Hans Hagen" <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 21:30 21/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Best regards, squealer Pawe/l
>
> just curious, is this / notation (similar to german active ") still being
> used in poland (and tex)?
>
> Hans

Some  Poles use \prefixing (MeX command which activate / notation) but it is
not common. I use it for exchanging i.e sample files with other Poles to
ensure that they will not be confused about encoding I send them. It is also
usefull for those who don't use/like TCX tables. Anyway / notation is
neither confortable for writing nor for reading but using it is to be on
safe side.

Regards