* Re: Context diff
@ 1999-06-28  9:15 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 1999-06-28  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>  %D \starttypen
>>  %D \insertpages[file.pdf][n=30,width=18cm]
>>  %D \stoptypen

Cccoooolllll feature. Our company currently generates full product
documentation in different .pdf files.
Since these files have different authors, and sometimes even different
programs, it is a pain to combine these documents.

With this feature I could generate a correct table of contents, and include
all other .pdf generated documents. Ok, that needs some perl programming but
that's no problem.

Gilbert.

* Context diff
@ 1999-10-06 11:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-10-06 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Differences between the 9-13 and 9-30 versions of ConTeXt:

texexec:

- new switches: --language (sets main language)
                --bodyfont (sets bodyfont)
                --noduplex (disable doublesided)

- some extra defaults built-in for older options
- now restores user-supplied cont-usr after runs etc.etc.
  (many changes here, but all are related to the three new
  switches, it seems)

cont-de, cont-en, cont-nl, cont-uk:

- use cont-usr instead of hardwired languages
- remove cmx fonts from initialization

context:

- relocate \input cont-usr here
  (never used if context.tex is called from cont-xx etc.)

cont-usr.ori, cont-usr.tex:

- new format for language selection
  (initialize at fmt generation time instead of at \everyjob)
- allow preloading of tjech & polish fonts instead of cmr

lang-ini:

- language selection at \everyjob moved to here

lang-sla:

- many fixes to the polish label/specifics section

font-cmr:

- now contains the definitions from font-cmx.

font-cmx: deleted

enco-pol:

- new encoding file for polish input / fonts

enco-pdf:

- adds new accent defintion combinations for \', \. and \k

font-csr:

- change to internal mapping mechanism

font-plr:

- definitions for the polish plr fonts.

font-ini:

- add some default font environment setups for large body sizes
  (14.4, 17.3, 20.7)

font-unk:

- fix some typos

mult-con:

- some new translations by Tobias.
- new request: wachttijd - delay - ??

verb-ini:

- adds \spaceskip and \xspaceskip settings

cont-new:

- changed macro \dosetlinkregister moved to core-01a

core-01a:
- \dotextprefix changed
- \dosetlinkregister and some \entryreference stuff
  re-integrated
- \endheadplacement : minor change
- \loadoptionfile : safer / cleaner

core-01d:

- support delays in PDF page transitions
  (\setupinteractionscreen[delay=])

core-fig:

- type of german translation fixed
- \edef instead of \def for filename

core-hlp:

- guards around user-supplied help information
  (only include if used)

core-ref:

- some macros switched from \leaveoutervmode to \dontleavehmode
- \dotextprefix redefined (this one uses the old definition)

core-tab:

- minor fix

enco-ini:

- expansion fix for PDFdocencoding in \donthandleaccent & \donthandlecommand
- etc (more expansion fixes).

java-fld:

- function Walk_field() removed
- bugfix to \startJSpreamble

s-pre-00

- support for colored backgrounds for \presentationstep
  (\definecolor[StepColor][white])
- adds \autopresentationstep

spec-fdf:

- page transition support

supp-fil:

- new macro: \unlinkfile
- adds redefinition of / to startreadingfile
  (needed because / is \active in polish)

supp-lan:

- adds macro \simplifiedcompoundcharacter

syst-gen:

- simplified definition of \getfromcommacommand.

Taco

* Re: Context diff
@ 1999-10-06 11:01   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-06 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> - some new translations by Tobias.
> - new request: wachttijd - delay - ??

The delay used for auto proceed to next page in acrobat full screen
mode. I needed that for the nts shifting puzzle (presentation).

> - support delays in PDF page transitions
>   (\setupinteractionscreen[delay=])

Indeed, this one.

> - support for colored backgrounds for \presentationstep
>   (\definecolor[StepColor][white])
> - adds \autopresentationstep

For the impatient: this option builds your page piecewise in
presentations.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Context diff
@ 1999-09-16 13:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-09-16 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>         - fixes (??) to \doclip

No, extensions. Now one can also specify dimensions and scaled cells.

> core-tbl:
>         - adds uitlijnen and x format key (stay in sync with TABLE)

More the opposite, I extended table to conform tabulate.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Context diff
@ 1999-09-16 13:25 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-09-16 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Changes between the 8-16 and 9-13 version of context:

NOTE: This is an intermediate version which may NOT be
completely stable.  I'm writing this diff now to prevent
having to write a huge one when the next 'real' update
appears. Consider yourself warned!

Greetings, Taco

short rundown:
-------------

- new switches for texexec. Run texexec --help for more information
	(pdf arranging, auto-centering layout, visual figure listings)
- the core sections of polish character encoding support
- table and tabulate additions (cf. Wybo's request)
- core-02a becomes core-dat (core-02a.tex can be deleted)
- corrections and additions to the german translations
- a new style: dtk-01; for Dante's Technische Komoedie

detailed listing:
----------------

cont_set.pm:
	adds full X font strings for texshow

texexec.pl:
	-support for new switches:
	  --arrange    (process and arrange pages)
	  --noarrange  (process but dont arrange)
 	  --centerpage (center pages on medium)
	  --figures=   (create figures directory listing)
	  --listing    (verbatim listing of file)
	  --passon=    (pass command-line option to exe)
	  --pdfarrange (pdf file arrangement and selection)
	(see texexec --help for more info)

	-new version number is 1.5

	-allow texexec.pl to be called texexec

	-adds the experimental "cont-xx" format

mp-tool.mp:
	-adds  unitcircle
	-some experimental stuff

cont-new:
	-most previous content moved
	  \douitstellen -> core-01a
	  old TABLE code -> core-tab
      \complexdokop -> core-01a
	  the \honorunexpanded stuff -> core-01a
	  page register linking stuff -> core-01a
	  interactie menu's -> core-01d
	  column fixes -> core-mul
	  quotation formatting -> core-01b
	  \writesection -> core-01a
	  buttons -> core-ref

	-remaining:
	  \doverbatimgoodbreak
	  \dosetlinkregister (new changes)
	  \registermenubuttons

	-new content:
	 4 new format keys for TABLE: c,l,r,x (p cell alignments)
     \setuptables: align=[center|left|right|default]
     \boxofsize
     allocation/garbage collection/reuse for mp figures

    -changed system macros:
	 \executesort fix
	 \WORD fix
	 \rigidcolumnbalance fix

    -undocumented/experimental:
		\startsimplecolumns
        \startgeheel
        \definereferenceformat
		\resetpositions

core-01a:
	- there is so much new stuff here coming from the old
	  cont-new, that I lost track of the other changes there.
      (looks like there were some minor fixes)

core-01b:
	- stuff from cont-new
	- some commented code deleted

core-01d:
	- some commented code deleted
	- stuff from cont-new

core-02a: deleted, new file is core-dat, which now has english
	documentation.

core-fig:
	- german language in message corrected
	- adds \insidefloat guard and vertical spacing improvements
	- figure objects are now even more unique
	- fixes (??) to \doclip
	- new commands: \showexternalfigures and \pagefigure

core-fld:
	- typo fixed in \dohandlefield
	- initialization bug fixed in \dohandlefitfield (n= for \localframed)

core-fnt:
	- adds protection to:
		\Word
		\Words
		\WORD (definition itself overruled by cont-new)
		\WORDS

core-hlp:
	- adds macro \showFLOWhelp

core-mak:
	- adds margin= option to \definieerplaats

core-mat:
	- \frac braces fix

core-mps:
	- adds module id
	- offset/depth added

core-mul:
	- stuff from cont-new

core-not:
	- changed def for \doflushfootnotes
		(bordercase bug fix)

core-pag:
	- allows arranging to be disabled
	- new macro \filterpages

core-ref:
	- button stuff from cont-new
	- documentation for \definereferenceformat

core-rul:
	- adds 'margin=' option to \defineframedtext

core-tab:
	- TABLE stuff from cont-new

core-tbl:
	- adds uitlijnen and x format key (stay in sync with TABLE)

enco-ini:
	- preload enco-pol if available (polish encoding table)
	- adds the possibility to \redefinecommand a non-existing command

font-ini:
	- Adds translations for \WOORD (both are \WORD, shouldn't the
      german be \WORT??)

lang-ger:
	- save normal value of "

lang-ini:
	-adds languageencoding to messages
	- save normal value of "
	- save normal value of /

lang-sla:
	- \installcompoundcharacter s for polish
	  (using slash notation)

m-chart:
	- adds \showFLOWhelp

mult-com:
	- some new (or better) translations by Tobias:
	  definiereschriftstil (was:)  definierefontstil
	  stelleversalienein (was:)  setupversalien
	  ueberschrifttext (was:)  ueberschrift
	  stelleueberschrifttextein (was:)  stelleueberschriftein
	  stelleaufzaehlungenein  (was:)  stelleaufzaehlungeein
	  listenlaenge (was:)  listlength
	  listenbreite (was:)  listwidth
	  listenhoehe (was:)  listheight
	  aufseite (was:)  atpage
	  definierehauptfeld (was:)  definemainfield
	  stelleausschnittein (was:)  setupclipping
	  ausschnitt  (was:)  clip
	  platzierelegende (was:)  placelegend
	  stellelegendeein (was:)  setuplegend

mult-con:
	- some new (or better) translations by Tobias:
          koppelwijze:            verkopplungsart
          preview:                forschau
          pijl:                   pfeil
          streep:                 strich
          preview:                vorschau
          New:                    Neu
          Balloon:                Ballon
          Addition:               Zusatz
          Help:                   Hilfe
          Paragraph:              Absatz
          Key:                    Schluessel

	- new commands that need german translation:
          volgendeevenpagina:        nextevenpage
          volgendeonevenpagina:      nextoddpage
          vorigeevenpagina:          previousevenpage
          vorigeonevenpagina:        previousoddpage

ppchtex:
	- adds \ifthirdargument to \chemicaloutermolecule

s-abr-01:
	- adds \UNICODE logo and \THANH's name
	- fixes to \BIBTEX and \TEXNL

new style: s-dtk-01.tex (Dante's Technische Komoedie)

s-pre-01, s-pre-04:
	- minor fix

spec-fdf:
	- delete unwanted space
	- set \FDFvaluestrue in \doFDFpresetradiofield

supp-box:
	- \hbox around \dorigidcolumnsplits
	- (commented out:) new value of \stopvboxtohbox

supp-mps:
	- (commented out:) MP figure reuse commands

syst-ext:
	- new macros:
		\sortcommalist
		\sortcommacommand
		\donumericcompare
		\comparedresult
	(allows one to sort a commalist within TeX)

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* Context diff
@ 1999-08-16 12:40 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-08-16 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here we go again. Differences between the 20-7 version and the 16-8
that Hans uploaded this morning (on www.pragma-ade.nl).

A short rundown:

- Adds clipping support using MP paths
- The Chart module is included
- Support for reuse of MP graphs (at least in PDF).
- As well as four new presentation styles
- And adds the presentation module
- Adds coloured footnote rules
- Support for vertical rules in 'tabulate'
- support for limiting entry widths in registers
- New table/figure legend macros
- some new options to existing commands (see below)
  - optionally highlighted hyperlinks in pdf
  - pdf links starting in a new window
  - pdf opening using outlines
- New font style: WORD (\uppercase-s)
- multipage table breaking bugs fixed

Tobias: it seems some translations are needed.
Hans: please check everything below with ?? or !!

Greetings and have fun,

Taco

The long per-file version:

texexec:
- adds support for renamimg texexec to texexec.bat under dos/win
- bug fix in PDF inclusion page counting code

file synonyms:
- pre-general -> pre-00

general
- macro \onbekend becomes \unknown

core-fig:
- Adds MP path clipping support

cont-new:
- new default for \verbatimgoodbreak
- Multi-page Table fixes (Wybo)
- changed \complexdokop (vertical spacing fixes)
- read supp-mpd.tex
- streamlined \dodocomplexbutton
- changed button initialization
  (unknownreference = yes; was: empty)
- changed \horizontaalinteractiemenu & \vertikaalinteractiemenu
  (fix for presentation styles)
- new macro: \registermenubuttons
  (for presentation styles)
- new macro: \convertexpanded (twice!!)
- fixed \getalllistreferences that uses \convertexpanded
- copy of \doloadregisterlinks (not changed !!)
- new macro: \limitedregisterentry
  (associated with 'maxbreedte' option for register entries)
- changed \dosetpageregisterpage, \dosetpageregistersee,
  \dosetlinkregister, \doprocesslinkedregister
  (uses \limitedregisterentry)
- fixed \doflushcolumnfloat, \endmulticolumns
- new \start\stop: \startgeheel (??)
- new macro: \boxofsize
- fixed \dohandlequotation (better breaks/hyphenation)
- support for recycling MPgraph files
  (\allocateMPslot, \deallocateMPslot).
- changed (experimental) macro: \writesection

core-01a:
- yet another \convertexpanded (!!)
- baselineskip fixes for footnotes
- some minimal token optimizations
- adds \strut to \complexdosom
- adds 'perpage' numbering option to footnotes
- changes to \dosetlocalsectieblok
  (adds a counter and some syntax changes ??)
- spacing fix to \dolocalkopsetup
- changed \dodododosomekop: uses \convertexpanded
- adds unknown default to \dosetparfloat
- changed \doschrijfnaarlijst: uses \convertexpanded
- changed \dowritesynonym: uses \convertexpanded
- changed \doprocessregister: uses \convertexpanded

core-01c:
- new \setuplegend and \placelegend commands
  that extend and replace the old \startlegenda\stoplegenda
- safer \plaatsondernaastelkaar

core-01d:
- \stelinteractieschermin: new switch: option=bookmark
- various changes to profile support code

core-fig:
- new macros: \clip, \setupclipping

core-fld:
- fields: fix for nested argument list passing

core-fnt:
- minor documentation fixes

core-mat:
- fixed \enablesupersub

core-mul:
- rounding problem in \balancedmulticolumnsout fixed
- rounding problem in \doflushcolumnfloats fixed
- \doflushcolumnfloats: use placement options
  (previously always centered)

core-nav:
- adds click and screen options to \setupinteraction

core-not:
- adds support for coloring the footnote rule
- support for numbering of footnotes per page

core-pag:
- fix to \dodoinsertpages

core-ref:
core-rul:
core-tab:
core-ver:
core-vis:
enco-ini:
spec-ini:
supp-lan:
supp-pdf:
- documentation fixes

core-tbl:
- \starttabulate support for lines,
  new keys: 'lijnkleur' and 'lijndikte'
- some optimizations to \starttable (??)

font-ini:
- changes to hyphenchar assignments
  (optimization ??)
- new font style: \WORD (uppercase)

font-unk:
- many fixes (cut&paste errors)

New files:
- The charting module:
  - mp-chart.mp
  - m-chart.tex
  - core-hlp
- Presentation kit:
  - s-pre-00 (defines \presentationstep macro)
  - s-pre-03 (four new presentation styles)
  - s-pre-04
  - s-pre-05
  - s-pre-06
- s-abr-03 (uppercase logo's)

mult-com:
- fixed: stellepapierformatein
- new:
  stelclipin setupclipping setupclipping
  clip clip clip
  plaatslegenda placelegend placelegend
  stellegendain setuplegend setuplegend

mult-con:
- new:
  klik click klick
  nieuw new neu
  WOORD WORD WORT
  bookmark bookmark bookmark
  register register register
  helptekst helptext hilfetekst

mult-sys
- new:
  ld (LegenDa)

s-abr-01:
- new Logos:
  BIBTEX bib\TeX
  CDROM cdrom
  DTK dtk
  GUST Gust
  LISP Lisp

s-map-01:
- copyright updated
- uitlijnen fix

s-pre-01:
s-pre-02:
- both use the new s-pre-00 module

spec-fdf:
- \doPDFsetupscreen: support added for /UseOutlines
- \doPDFstartgotolocation, \doPDFstartgotorealpage:
  support added for /NewWindow
- \doFDFappearance, \dodoFDFappearance: initialization fix
  \redoFDFappearance: indirection support

spec-mis:
- two new ifs:
  \ifhighlighthyperlinks and \ifgotonewwindow

spec-pdf:
- \doPDFaction: \ifhighlighthyperlinks support

spec-ps:
- new macros: \dostartclipping, \dostopclipping
  (not OK ?? -> what's wrong ??)

spec-tpd:
- new macros: \dostartclipping, \dostopclipping
- add \PDFimagerefence definition to \handlepdfimage
- remove unnecesary /Producer entry.
- adds width and height processing to pdf threads.
- adds \PDFimagereference processing to \dostartobject,
  and \doinsertobject
- \doPDFaction: \ifhighlighthyperlinks support

supp-box:
- \setrigidcolumnhsize, \rigidcolumnbalance:
  \hsize fix.
- new macros for m-chart support:
  \boxcursor
  \placedbox
  \rightbox
  \leftbox
  \topbox
  \bottombox
  \lefttopbox \topleftbox
  \righttopbox \toprightbox
  \leftbottombox \bottomleftbox
  \rightbottombox \bottomrightbox
  \middlebox

supp-mps:
- mpgraph reuse support:
  \allocateMPslot
  \deallocateMPslot
- clipping support:
  \startMPclip
  \grabMPclippath

symb-ini:
- new symbol: diamond

syst-ext:
- new macro: \replaceincommalist
- new macros: \doglobblesingleempty, \doglobbledoubleempty

syst-gen:
- \dosetunexpanded &co: new command: \honorexpanded,
  which is a bit of magic.

verb-tex:
- adds ETEX capture for \naturalTEXtext (bug fix)

--

@ 1999-08-16 11:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-08-16 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> core-fig:
> - Adds MP path clipping support

Some day taco will have to cook up a working ps-driver alternative.
Clipping currently only works in PDF, but my (DVI)PS knowledge is
inadequate to fill in the PS gap.

> cont-new:
> - new default for \verbatimgoodbreak

Experimental. Please report problems.

> - changed \complexdokop (vertical spacing fixes)

No, it fixes an unwanted brak after a sectioning command.

> - read supp-mpd.tex

Ah yes, the experimental shading stuff.

> - new macro: \convertexpanded (twice!!)

The second one. This is not so much new as well more robust. Needed for
SGML processing.

> - copy of \doloadregisterlinks (not changed !!)

Hm.

> - new \start\stop: \startgeheel (??)

Yes, undocumented yet. For those who consider \vbox\bgroup \egroup ugly.

> - support for recycling MPgraph files
>   (\allocateMPslot, \deallocateMPslot).

Right, btw, reuse of MP was already supported, but is a bit more
efficient now. This allocation trick only works when in cont-sys.tex:

  \recycleMPslotstrue

is set.

> - yet another \convertexpanded (!!)

The old one.

> - adds 'perpage' numbering option to footnotes

Dedicated to Han The Thanh.

> - changes to \dosetlocalsectieblok
>   (adds a counter and some syntax changes ??)

No, I used to use the first character of a sectionblock identifier to
distinguish among them. In english this resulted in (b)obymatter and
(b)ackmatter, which is buggy, so I now use a counter instead.

> - adds unknown default to \dosetparfloat

otherwise floattexts could disappear (especially with defaults as used
in the maps style)

> - new \setuplegend and \placelegend commands
>   that extend and replace the old \startlegenda\stoplegenda

extends.

> - various changes to profile support code

and more changes to come.

> - some optimizations to \starttable (??)

Probably -) There also were some fixes due to better par breaking in
tables and so.

> font-ini:
> - changes to hyphenchar assignments
>   (optimization ??)

Ha, better, it now works. When reinplementing this feature I had
forgotten the class prefix (something \??xx that identifies the
parameter classes) so it didn't even work. Roef Ragas needed \tt with
line breaks so there it surfaced.

> - new macros: \dostartclipping, \dostopclipping
>   (not OK ?? -> what's wrong ??)

I cannot test it because I haven't dvips installed. It's up to you to
fix it. It has something do  with (g)save and (g)restore and the famous
fuzzy specials; it needs to be inserted pretty raw (no save restore) but
work in the local coordinate space).

> supp-mps:
> - mpgraph reuse support:
>   \allocateMPslot
>   \deallocateMPslot

Reuse of files actually, in pdftex only mpgraph.1 is uded, this saves
many temporary MP files.

> syst-gen:
> - \dosetunexpanded &co: new command: \honorexpanded,
>   which is a bit of magic.

Haha, not to you I suppose.

Thanks again,

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Context diff
@ 1999-07-21  9:29 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-07-21  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here we go again. Differences between the 25-6 version and the 20-7
version. This is not a clean diff this time since I got some
intermediate version from Hans (sorry, forgot to save the old one).

texexec:
-  support for insertion of empty pages in pdf merge operations.

core-pag:
-  support for insertion of empty pages in pdf merge operations.

colo-ini:
-  disable colored marks inside \framed (\ifinframedtrue),
   macro moved from cont-new.

core-not:
-  footnote fixes that were previously in cont-new.

core-ver:
-  color key that was previously in cont-new.

enco-ini/enco-ec/font-ber:
-  support fixes and a new encoding file for latex's ec encoding.
   (font-ber is still only correct for Times/Helv/Courier, yet
    waiting for completion of names)

supp-pdf:
-  safe testing for pdftex > .14
   (pdftex 0.14 syntax support is complete)

core-01a:
-  titlealign code for definitions that was previously in cont-new
-  minor (?) fix to \dosetlinkregister [internal]

supp-lan:
-  minor fix to \scanurl

syst-ext:
-  \stepwiserecurse now uses \nextrecurse instead of plain \next
   [internal, nesting bug fix]

From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-07-21  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-21  7:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-07-21  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> core-01a:
> -  minor (?) fix to \dosetlinkregister [internal]

No so much a fix. I considered a global cross ref more convenient than a
local one (for those unfamiliar with this: context supports cross ref
namespaces).

> supp-lan:
> -  minor fix to \scanurl

More an adaption to the updated accent handler (fix could be undone i
think).

> syst-ext:
> -  \stepwiserecurse now uses \nextrecurse instead of plain \next
>    [internal, nesting bug fix]

Less change on conflicts that way.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Context diff
@ 1999-06-25 17:23 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-25 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Changes in Context 1999.6.25 compared to 1999.5.11:

- reorganized comments in colo-ini.tex
- bugfix in \startcolorpage
- new file synonyms:

  pre-original   pre-01
  pre-green      pre-02
  pre-funny      pre-03
  pre-colorful   pre-04
  pre-fuzzy      pre-05
  pre-polish     pre-06
  abr-pseudocaps abr-01
  abr-smallcaps  abr-02

- some new aliases for hyphenation pattern files

- module loader: add <module> to the messages
  [comment for Tobias: please check these three:]
       5: Makros in Modul -- geladen
       6: Keine Makros in Modul -- gefunden
       7: Makros in Modul -- bereits geladen

- new in core-01a, line 1628

  \ifx\stelapierformaatin\undefined
    \let\stelpapierformaatin\relax
  \fi
  [comment for hans: note the typo there!!]

- same change block adds indirection to \definieerpapierformaat, and
  some other macros that are needed for page arrangements of included
  PDF pages.

- various minor fixes to \som

- doalignline now supports \\ (in \regelrechts &co)

- fixes in \preparepaginaprefix

- referencing fix in \dodododosomekop (sectioning commands)

- fix to \crlf and \opeenregel (\hmode check)

- adds vertical alignment to \textfloats

- adds optional pagebreak in splitted plaatsblok

- minor list fixes and optimizations

- \startcommentaar changes as discussed on this list
  (adds color,title,space,symbol keys)

- conversion sets for symbols now work ok in math mode
  (for footnotes).

- extra argument to \getfiguresizeXXXX, needed for support
  of page inclusions.
  The full change adds a 'page' key to \useexternalfigure

- the module loader now guards against loading a module 2 times

- fieldcode fix for Vertical fields ? (core-fld line 684-687)

- new command \insertpages
 %D One can (mis)use this mechanism, in close cooperation
 %D with \PDFTEX\ to arrange pages of already produced files.
 %D
 %D \starttypen
 %D \insertpages[file.pdf][n=30,width=18cm]
 %D \stoptypen
 %D
 %D The pageses are inserted in the text area, and even pages
 %D are repositioned according to the width.

- fix to code for marginrules

- new \blackrules default: n=3

- some context TaBLe macros are changed (colourization bugfixes)

- pretty printer code for SQL commands, and natural TeX comment
  extensions, and support for colouring inline verbatims.

- robustness improvements in enco-ini

- core-ber: new font synonyms for CourierBold and CourierBoldOblique
  (likewise in font-pcr)

- font-cmx: 14.4pt fix

- various new variables and keys for the commands above
  verbatim extension keys:
  vcommando: vcommando vcommand vbefehl
  icommando: icommando icommand ibefehl
  ccommando: ccommando ccommand cbefehl

  for \commentaar: (german 'New' should be Neu):
                New:  Nieuw             New                  New        % TOBIAS
            Balloon:  Ballon            Balloon              Balloon
           Addition:  Toevoeging        Addition             Addition
               Help:  Help              Help                 Help
          Paragraph:  Paragraaf         Paragraph            Paragraph
                Key:  Sleutel           Key                  Key

- some new abbrevs: FPTEX, SQL, TEXWORK, LINUX

- optimizations to the \marks resetting code

- cont-new: improved footnote code in cont-new

- cont-new: new key 'titeluitlijnen' in definitions

- cont-new: the font preloading hack as discussed on this list.

--

@ 1999-06-25 15:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-25 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>   \ifx\stelapierformaatin\undefined

Ah, good that I do a double test somewhere else (otherwise I could not
generate a format at all), thanks.

>  %D \starttypen
>  %D \insertpages[file.pdf][n=30,width=18cm]
>  %D \stoptypen

For those interested, I'm currently testing pdftex version e. Apart from
some restructuring low level pdftex primitives, which is not of much
concern to context users, because the special drivers handle this, a
nice extension is to pick up a page from a pdf file:

\externalfigure[file.pdf][page=4,width=10cm]

On top of this, I implemented \insertpages.

When the new version of pdftex is stable and public, one can say
(context is already prepared for that):

texexec --pdfarrange --print=up --paper=a5a4  latexfile.pdf

and get a nice booklet. In principle one can add all kind of other
things because the full context machinery is there.

additional keys are: --textwidth=dimension (needed when single sided
documents are input), --topspace=dimension, --backspace==dimension,
--pageoffset=dimension, --markings, so one can make slightly smaller
pages and cut them off, compensate for a staple in thick ones etc. By
providing more files, one can add titlepages and so.

For context files, pleas use the normal mechanisms built in.

texexec handles multiple filenames and makes it into one. Beware: you
need a big tex (2 meg plus some extra_mem_bot/top will do).

This feature is present in the file I uploaded thi smorning. The next
release of context will bring multiple images (low res screen, high res
printing). Beware, you need pdftex-e, so be patient for some days.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE