From: Uwe Koloska <koloska@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
Subject: Re: germandbls
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:10:57 +0200	[thread overview]

You wrote on Die, 18 Apr 2000:

I finally found the answer for this longstanding problem:

>Hi Taco, Hi all,
>
>with the new Context regular and beta the pdf-file of the following file
>shows no sz:
>
>\pdfprotrudechars=0

I hope this is a new command in pdftex-0.14 ;-)  What is it supposed to do?

>\setupbodyfont[pos,ber]
>\useencoding[win]
>\mainlanguage[de]
>\starttext
>weiß wei"s wei\SS
>\showencoding
>\stoptext
>
>perhaps a bug in enco-win or enco-ini or enco-ec?

Yeah, it's a bug in enco-ec.  There

    \definecharacter sz 223
    \definecharacter SS 223

has to be replaced by

    \definecharacter sz 255
    \definecharacter SS 255

Don't forget to rebuild your context formats!

Why?  223 is the code for germandbls in TexBase1-encoding -- 255 the same
in EC- or Cork-encoding.  I didn't scan the rest of the file for other
TexBase1-codes ...

AFAI can see, TexBase1 is the encoding with most of the important glyphs
available in 256 chars.  Maybe it's good to use tb1 instead of ec to have
direct access to \copyright (now this is build from a circle out of
CMSY10 and 'c') and the like -- have to think about that.

Yours
Uwe Koloska

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de