* Re: page setup
@ 2004-03-22 10:25 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2004-03-22 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Hans,

sorry for bringing back two old topics, but they are still unanswered:

1) Willy Egger firstly pointed on empty page with zero on the bottom-left
coner of an additional sheet using arranging command. I have tested with
pretty new context (ConTeXt   ver: 2004.3.16) and this behevior still
survived. Run the next test file and see page 2:
%--------------
\setuppapersize[A5,landscape][A4]
\setuparranging[2TOPSIDE]

\starttext
  \switchtobodyfont[20pt]
  \dorecurse{2}{Page \recurselevel\page}
\stoptext
%----------------

2) It is possible to sort in reverse order? It means the result of next test
file was: C B A.
% -----
\definesorting[address][addressbook]
\setupsorting[address][criterium=all]
\address{A}
\address{C}
\address{B}
\placelistofaddressbook
%-----

Thank you for answers
Vit Zyka

* Re: page setup
@ 2004-01-12  9:27       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-01-12  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>> I still wonder why there is an empty page... This is slightly annoying.
>>
>>> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
>>> \setuparranging[2SIDE]
>
> With [2SIDE], I don't get an empty page. I do get an extra page with a
> 0 down at the lower left corner. And this is annoying.

That is true! I haven't seen the 0 in the corner. Where does it come
from? This looks like a bug to me....

Patrick
--
Es wird kein Wunder geschehen

* Re: page setup
@ 2004-01-06 23:13     ` Steve Peter
From: Steve Peter @ 2004-01-06 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, Jan 6, 2004, at 17:20 America/New_York, Patrick Gundlach
wrote:

> I still wonder why there is an empty page... This is slightly annoying.
>
>> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
>> \setuparranging[2SIDE]

With [2SIDE], I don't get an empty page. I do get an extra page with a
0 down at the lower left corner. And this is annoying.

With [2UP], page one starts on the recto, leaving a blank verso, which
is what I would expect.

Steve

* Re: page setup
@ 2004-01-06 22:20   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-01-06 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I still wonder why there is an empty page... This is slightly annoying.

> Try this:
> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
> \setuparranging[2SIDE]
> \starttext
> \showframe
> \dorecurse{7}{\input tufte \par}
> \stoptext
> \endinput

Patrick
--

@ 2003-12-15 14:47 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-12-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer <hansm@science.uva.nl> writes:

> I am trying to typeset 2 A5 pages onto 1 A4 page in landscape format,

Try this:
\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuparranging[2SIDE]
\starttext
\showframe
\dorecurse{7}{\input tufte \par}
\stoptext
\endinput

Patrick
--
mon trainsistor j'adore

* page setup
@ 2003-12-15 13:45 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2003-12-15 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to typeset 2 A5 pages onto 1 A4 page in landscape format,
side by side. Thus typesetting the pages two at a time on one piece of
paper, in their natural order, seeing them as a spread.
Something like
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x                    x                   x
x         1         x         2        x   going on for 3, 4, etc.
x                    x                   x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not seem to get that job done. The context code I tried:
\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout[location=doublesided,marking=on,grid=yes,header=0mm,margin=
12mm]
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,location=margin,alternative=doublesi
ded]
\setuparranging[2*1] % or [doublesided] or [mirrored]

The \setuparranging (in the above variations) sends TeX into an
infinite loop.
Of course [2*2] will not work, it gives booklets of 4 pages instead of
2.
Maybe it can be done without the \setuparranging, but I could not find
out how.

The context version I use is: ConTeXt  ver: 2003.12.12  fmt: 2003.12.13
  int: english  mes: english

I would appreciate some help very much.

Hans van der Meer