* multiparagraph quotation
@ 2020-11-02 17:26 type
From: type @ 2020-11-02 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm trying to get quotation marks at the beginning of each new paragraph in
quotations (in ConTeXt Mk IV), as is the convention in English. Here's a
minimal working example of what I have tried:

\setupdelimitedtext[quotation][repeat=yes, middle="]
\starttext
\quotation{\input knuth
}
\stoptext

However, it doesn't put left quotes at the start of each paragraph the way
I'd like it to.

I got this approach from the wiki page
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupdelimitedtext . However, I'm
guessing this may have been only for Mk II since the \setupdelimitedtext
doesn't seem to do anything here. (From what is said above on the wiki page,
it looks like this might be only for Mk II, but I can't t tell.)

I have searched the mailing list and stackexchange but haven't found a
solution. I'm guessing that there's a simple way to do this that I am just
not aware of. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer me (and I'd be glad
to put the solution into the wiki if that's appropriate, too).

Thanks,

Sciurus

* Re: multiparagraph quotation
@ 2020-11-02 18:55 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-11-02 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

type@projectivespace.com schrieb am 02.11.2020 um 18:26:
> I'm trying to get quotation marks at the beginning of each new paragraph in
> quotations (in ConTeXt Mk IV), as is the convention in English. Here's a
> minimal working example of what I have tried:
>
> \setupdelimitedtext[quotation][repeat=yes, middle="]
> \starttext
> \quotation{\input knuth
> }

\startquotation
\input knuth
\stopquotation

Wolfgang

* Re: multiparagraph quotation
@ 2020-11-02 19:27   ` type
From: type @ 2020-11-02 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Wolfgang, for your prompt and helpful solution!

Although I didn't make it clear in the minimal working example, I am using this for ordinary dialog.  For the record (and for anyone searching the mailing list in the future), to get that to work right, I had to put in one more thing into the first line of the example to get it to work:

\setupdelimitedtext[quotation][repeat=yes, middle=“, leftmargin=0pt]
\starttext
\startquotation
\input knuth
\stopquotation
\stoptext

It seems like a little bit of overkill to set up a \startquotation \stopquotation  for each piece of dialog, but it certainly solves the problem to do so.

Again, many thanks! I'll post your solution to a suitable place in the Wiki when I get a chance.

Sciurus

> I'm trying to get quotation marks at the beginning of each new paragraph in
> quotations (in ConTeXt Mk IV), as is the convention in English. Here's a
> minimal working example of what I have tried:
>
> \setupdelimitedtext[quotation][repeat=yes, middle="]
> \starttext
> \quotation{\input knuth
> }

\startquotation