From: Uwe Koloska <koloska@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
Subject: no mp-cont.mp and Co.
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 19:12:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

I have just downloaded the context beta from
    http://dvi3.tiepmiep.dk/context/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip
it shows "ConTeXt  ver: 2000.5.31"

By processing a module with
    texexec --pdf --modu --mode=color s-pre-00
it writes a (for my eyes) empty (= no graphics) mprun.mp that looks like

% runtime generated graphic
mpgraph:=0;
input mp-tool ;
input mp-spec ;
_inline_shading_ := true ;
if not known _data_prefix_ : string _data_prefix_ , _data_suffix_ ;
fi ;
_data_prefix_ := "mpd-" ;
_data_suffix_ := ".tmp" ;
input mp-core.mp ;
input mp-page ;
def LoadPageState = scantokens "input mp-state.tmp" ;
enddef ;
;;
mpgraph := 512 ;
input mp-cont ;
end.

The two files "mp-core.mp" and "mp-cont.mp" are not there after a clean
install.  Like Hans suggested, I prepared an empty mp-core.mp ...
But on the titlepage of the module documentation appears in courier:

name: dummy
file: mprun.512
unknown

So I am desperate ...

But there is another annoying fact.  I have demos-en.zip and d-en-all.tex
wants mp-cont.502 as overlay.  This is not present on my system ...
Maybe there is a newer version -- I will try.

More worse, the pdf-links made in \def\ShowSample with
\definereference[sample][d-en-#1::] are turned to uppercase.  For a normal
case sensitive filesystem the files are invisible ...

The pdf-code looks like
    /Subtype /Link /Border [0 0 0] /A <</S /GoToR /F (D-EN-001.PDF) /D [0 /Fit]>>

And last:  I thought the core-fig.tex bug is gone away -- is
http://dvi3.tiepmiep.dk not up to date???  I use this mirror, because it's
very fast compared with www.pragma-ade.nl

Have a nice evening ;-)
Uwe